Jan De Nul NV
We owe our position as world player to our technically innovative know-how combined with the world’s most modern dredging fleet. Jan De Nul Group continually invests in its fleet. Within our Technical Division the ‘New Build’ department is involved from the rough drafts. The Fleet Managers are responsible for maintaining and equipping the existing fleet. Each project is different, and every time the optimum configuration is installed. And if we need something that doesn’t exist yet, we make it ourselves!
As a Technical Superintendent Vessel Maintenance, you help to make sure that the dredging vessels and equipment are technically operational at all times.
Your main tasks and responsibilities include:
* Coordinating multiple technical maintenance and repair works.
* Verifying reports, repair lists and request forms.
* Keep an overview on the works that are executed and those still to be executed, problem reports and requests for new pieces.
* Preparing repair and renovation projects.
* Responsible for the technical realization of a mobilization or demobilization.
* Keep an eye on stock management.
* Reserving dry docks and contacting local subcontractors.
* Ensure respect for safety, quality and environment.
* Motivating vessel and yard technical personnel.
You own a Master’s degree in engineering sciences or industrial sciences in Mechanics / Electromechanics. You are an organizational talent with a high degree of autonomy. You have a good technical knowledge and a passion for engineering. You are interested to work within the dredging industry and on our worldwide maritime projects. You have strong communication skills and able to express yourself fluently in English.
You are interested in the dredging industry and are willing to work permanently or during the first months from our offices based in Belgium, Hofstade/Aalst. Depending on the project needs, you will be deployed for longer periods on our maritime projects worldwide.
*What we offer*
* Through the JDN-Academy, we offer you a permanent training trajectory, starting with a 4 to 5-week training.
* A caring culture: our FIT-program allows us to monitor your well-being. The program is centered around exercise, food and a healthy work-life balance.
* The opportunity to make a difference together with your colleagues and to distinguish yourself through your creativity, innovation and durability.
* By assembling multidisciplinary teams tailor-made for each project, we aim at always having the right person in the right place.
* Working on our challenging projects worldwide (rotation system: 2 months work / 1 month leave).
* For expats who are deployed on foreign projects, the plane tickets (round trip), local accommodation in the project country (hotel or studio/apartment), daily allowance depending on the country/currency and transport costs (e.g. taxi ).
* When someone moves to Belgium to strengthen our teams locally: plane ticket to Belgium is paid and accommodation is provided during the 1st working period of 3 months. Long-term housing assistance is also provided.
Job Type: Full-time
Lees hier meer…
Om op deze vacature te solliciteren bezoek je nl.whatjobs.com.